Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Anon-fe04a256cf, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Anon-fe04a256cf

Anon-fe04a256cf Anonymized

I know this is not a computer type of thing but it is about Cell Phones.

My Sister has a Boost Mobile Android Cell Phone and now she is going to get rid of it and get a Virgin Mobile Android Cell Phone.

Virgin Mobile told her she can take her old Cell Phone Number to her new Cell Phone.

So I went into her old Cell Phone Settings and went into Backup And Restore option.

It was under Settings all the way near the Bottom.

In here I see Backup With Wi Fi
    so I put a Check in it.

Then I see Backup Data
    So Tap it and I pick my Sisters G Mail Account Name.

And this is it I did not see anything like a List
    Cell Phone Book
    Contacts

So is my Sisters Cell Phone Phone Numbers Backed Up?

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

That would backup her data and contacts and maybe apps data and such.

When you call Virgin to activate the new phone, you'll be asked the old phone's number and the new phone's serial number and within a short time delay-maybe 20 minutes the number will be transferred to the new phone and the old one will no longer have service.

3. Anon-fe04a256cf

Now after I activate the new Cell Phone how do I get my Sisters Contacts from her Google Account Back to her new Cell Phone?

4. Anon-fe04a256cf

If I did Backup my Sisters contacts right to her G Mail account how do I import the contacts to her new Cell Phone?

5. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

This is from Virgin's community. Call Virgin and get their take on it. Most reps I talked to about these things are really helpful. They'll verify if your good to go.

Android to Android

Your contacts automatically sync when you first turn on your new phone and login to your Google account.

If you do not have a Google account, create one. Then on your old phone go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account. Once added your phone contacts will automatically sync to your Google account.

6. Ninefifty

Ninefifty Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds