What To Do A When A Site Won't Believe You've Turned Off Adblock?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I went to a site to watch a video but the site told me I had Adblock turned on so I couldn't watch the video. So I turned Adblock OFF and HARD refreshed the page...

"You have Adblock on so you can't watch this video."

F*** ME!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try a different browser.

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I did. Didn't help. Same issue. Had to view the site on my iPad because I don't have Adblock on that.

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

5. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

Sometimes clearing cookies and cache will help with the website saying adblock is enabled too. Have you tried that?

6. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

7. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I will next time. Thanks.

8. falconattack

cipher likes this.
  9. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

10. Anon-c1150d5334

Anon-c1150d5334 Anonymized

Have you tried going into AB Options and adding the domain in the whitelisted tab?
    Have you tried dis-abling AB in your Extensions?
    Alternatively, when you try to play the video, is it taking you to another site?

11. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

No, it's not doing that; just telling me I can't play the video. I'll try those solutions the next time it happens.

12. falconattack

13. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Way too drastic for something that's just a minor inconvenience but thanks anyway.

14. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have a look at all the add-ons in your browsers.
    While not aplicable to your browsers, here's an example of what can block ads.
    I use Tracking Protection Lists (TPLs) in Internet Explorer and ads are automatically blocked on most websites, and subsequently many videos won't play.

15. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Maybe "You have Adblock on so you can't watch this video" is what it says to everyone. Okay, probably not, but it sounds like there's a marker either in your computer somewhere or at the video website that you have to get rid of.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds