Temp File Cleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by ksiemb, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ksiemb

ksiemb Private E-2

Need to re-download an excellent temp file cleaner, but all I know about it is the Icon on the desktop was a Yellow Hand, and when it started up, an audio played of a toilet flushing, to simulate your files going down the drain ! Anyone familiar with this ?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

No idea. Why not look in your listed programs in either 'add/remove programs' or 'programs and features' via the control panel.
    You didn't say what Operating System you have so we are in the dark.
    The most popular SAFE windows disk cleaner is CCleaner Slim

DavidGP likes this.
  3. ksiemb

ksiemb Private E-2

Wouldn't you just know, after I post this, I find it online. It is called simply " Cleanup" and the Icon is a hand over a yellow rag ! Found it on CNET

4. ksiemb

ksiemb Private E-2

Because I had to install a new HD, that is why I don't look there. And the OS is immaterial for this type of software. They run on anything anymore.

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You never put that information in your original post, and the OS is not immaterial but ss you know best, good luck.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

By the way, Cleanup is listed on Majorgeeks HERE but not only has it not been developed further for ELEVEN YEARS there are MG warnings about its use.
    If you want a reputable, well-maintained and up to date safe file cleaner it wont be that one.

DavidGP likes this.
  7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Not really. CCleaner updates monthly and adds support for newer versions of Windows so the OS does matter. If you still run XP, then this 11 year old software will work.
    The system requirements on the author's page do list any Windows OS newer than XP.
    Source: http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=187&Itemid=272

If you have issues, post in the Cleanup! forum
    http://forums.stevengould.org/viewforum.php?f=2

DavidGP likes this.
  8. ksiemb

ksiemb Private E-2

why would the fact I had a new HD be relevant to my original post ?

9. ksiemb

ksiemb Private E-2

A tech from the support site at Acronis Recovery Software used it when working on my computer, so I thought it must be good, so I use it. I guess I will convert to using ccleaner. Anyone have a good link so I don't get caught up in a fake with bundled software in it ?

10. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

When you post here for help there are sticky threads telling you to provide all information, and as it is you wanting the help, the least you can do is provide all relevant information on the system in question and having changed the HD prior to this issue is was very relevant. If it wasn't relevant you wouldn't have felt the need to mention it later.

Nick T likes this.
  12. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

All information that you provide is relevant to helping us find the correct and hopefully easiest solution to your problem. We're here to help in the best way we can, but we also need your help on giving us that relevant information that makes it all so helpful to you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds