Windows 10 Driver Signature Snag

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vallander, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Vallander

Vallander Private E-2

Hi,
    I went from windows XP to 8.1 and abruptly back to XP until the free windows 10 upgrade, and I'm still learning where the mustard is, so to speak,so if this is a really dumb question please forgive me. I bougtht my husband a nifty piece of hardware that acts as a bridge between a guitar, microphone and computer, but windows 10 won't let me install it because it doesn't have a "signed driver." I assume this is Micro-speak for "didn't pay off Microsoft." I'm sure this is a safe piece of hardware--it there a way to disable the demand for a signed driver, install it, then put this "safety" back in place? And have everything work? Thanks very much. Please use small words...

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There is a way to override driver signature enforcement in Win 10 in this guide but please ignore the initial reference to Reimage Plus and just scroll down to how to do it in Win 10 manually.
    By the way, driver signature authentication is nothing to do with MS trying to make you pay for anything. It is actually to protect users.
    http://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/

4. Vallander

Vallander Private E-2

Excellent! Thank you both very much!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds