Auslogics Boostspeed Closes My Browser Sessions.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Astralogic, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Astralogic

Astralogic Private E-2

Hi, I use Auslogics Boostspeed but it closes my browser sessions. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Thanks

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

What is your OPERATING SYSTEM and any Service Pack installed?
    Are you using the Free or Premium edition of that program?
    Have you looked in the User Manual for any help yet?
    Have you posted any help requests yet with Auslogics?

NB: Just a note of guidance, that program is a 'system optimiser' of which there are many. They have the potential to actually seriously mess up a system especially for users whose knowledge of Windows is basic.

3. Astralogic

Astralogic Private E-2

Windows 10 x64
    I'm using the free version, once I make sure I can use it without annoyances I'll buy it.
    I didn't know there was a manual!
    Auslogics ignore me :(

I just had a look for the manual but the I can only find version 8 and below, currently boostspeed is at version 9.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

5. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

I had a look at this monstrosity in a VM. You need to uncheck browser sessions listed in the full report for system privacy.
    Frankly, I'd save my money and just use CCleaner.

MaxTurner likes this.
  6. Astralogic

Astralogic Private E-2

Thanks for the help guys that solved my issue. However I have decided to not get BoostSpeed, but I now like the look of JV16 PowerTools :)

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Going further down the road of potential system messing. But it's your choice.
    You want your system to boot faster?
    Look at system start ups - most users have far too many unneeded start ups. These may include a lot of bloatware if your system is a branded one (Asus/HP/Dell/Lenovo etc).
    If the hard drive is NOT an SSD drive, ie a standard hard drive, when did you last defrag it?
    If you have the money to install a new small SSD system drive that alone will speed it up.
    Do you have software programs installed you never ever use? Uninstall them with an efficient uninstaller such as Revo, IoBit, Ashampoo or Geek (found here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/uninstallers.html )
    Use CCleaner Slim to periodically CLEAN your drive of old data.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. Astralogic

Astralogic Private E-2

OK, i'll take your advice and avoid these optimizer programs.

Is compacting the registry a good idea from time to time?

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I've seen no evidence for registry compacting having any impact on boot speed.
    Start up programs are the biggest cause of slow system boot up.
    An SSD for the system always boots faster than a conventional HD.

Eldon likes this.
  10. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

To add to MaxTurner's post...
    Many Services do not need to start, and they don't show up in Startup.
    Run msconfig (System Configuration), select the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services. Don't uncheck any items - it's just a quick view of what's running. Open Services and find those items, then change the Startup type to Manual - those services will start when necessary.

11. Astralogic

Astralogic Private E-2

Thanks for the advice guys.

Let me know what you think of my software/security set up.

My AV is adaware free
    Unchecky
    Malwarebytes AntiMalware (free)
    Spybot (free)
    CCleaner
    Defraggler

How does that seem? Please let me know if you can think of any improvements or additions.

12. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Sounds fine. As you have Windows 10 the inbuilt defragmenter is actually fine as long as the hard drive is a conventional one. I assume you have not got an SSD drive, if you had it should never ever be defragged.

The only thing I would add is a set and go Ransomware program such as CryptoPrevent

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds