I-pad Dead Spots

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by philadelphia, Jun 22, 2017.

1. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

Hello Geeksters,

I'm working on my nephews iPad 4th Gen in which my brother replaced a cracked screen. After doing so he is experiencing dead spot across the digitizer. He bought an aftermarket screen and it seems to be garbage.

Does anyone know why there are dead spots and if this is something that is reported frequently?

Is there anyway to correct this problem or do i have to purchase another screen? If i do have to replace the screen again, can someone point me in the direction of a reputable parts place where i can purchase a screen that will work? I plan to install it myself.

Thanks for your time and any responses!

iPad 4th Gen
    Ipad Model # MDL512LL/A
    serial # DMPJFQWSF184

Here in Philly Yo.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

4. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

5. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

Yea, i did see all the numerous posts after a google session, that's why i came here to see if anyone could point me in the direction of a reputable seller that can provide me a legit ,or at least, a proven quality product. I want to purchase a new digitizer and was hoping someone here knows a credible website where i can purchase 1?

6. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

It is a relatively common problem for the digitizer (touch screen sensor) to short out on the frame of the iPad causing ghost touching and dead spots. Might be worth a look. The best way to test this is to (carefully) hang the digitizer above the iPad while its running and test with out it touching the frame at all. I have had very good luck with Mobile Defenders.

7. philadelphia

philadelphia Private E-2

Thanks for the tip....I installed the new digitizer today and tried that tip and i still have the dead spot, bottom 1/2 inch of the screen down near the home button is non-responsive while everything else is works great. Its the same exact problem i had with the previous digitizer i purchased. I starting to think the logic IC is damaged. I highly doubt i have 2 faulty digitizers with the exact same problem in the same exact spot. I got them from icracked.com

I went back 3 times and reseated the circuit tape and made sure they bottomed out. I'm POSITIVE the are seated properly. So i think at this point i'm gonna call it quits.....unless someone has additional suggestion(s)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds