(0xc000007b) error for Autodesk 3d MAX 2013.

Discussion in 'Software' started by MysticHrist, Sep 11, 2012.

1. MysticHrist

MysticHrist Private E-2

Firstly, hi to all the members, being my first post and all. :)

I would like to ask about how to resolve this problem, even though there are several topics about it in the forums.

Why is this actually happening? looking through various forums, mostly is because direct x problems.

This program I am using is downloaded from the autodesk site itself, so it must be 'something' wrong within my computer. I'm thinking that is is because of what I did before, using CCleaner and Register clean expert to help clearing my laptop.

Is it possible that reformatting my laptop will work, or I just have to edit some files.

- Hrist.

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

What operating system? 32/64 bit?
    Do you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed?

3. MysticHrist

MysticHrist Private E-2

Oh, sorry, should have posted the specs...

Windows 7, 64 bit.

Currently, yes, the 10. 0 .402 version of Visual C++ 2010.

4. _nullptr

5. MysticHrist

MysticHrist Private E-2

6. MysticHrist

MysticHrist Private E-2

I tried and all it says was 'newer version of direct x is installed', and it ends there...

Should I try replacing the dll files?

7. _nullptr

Open up the Run box (Windows key + R) and enter
    Code:
    sfc /scannow
    Press enter. When it's finished, copy Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log to your documents folder. Zip the log and attach to your post.

8. _nullptr

:zzz Sorry

The above command needs to be run from an elevated command prompt.
    Open the Start Menu and in the 'Search programs and files' box type in cmd
    Right click cmd.exe and 'Run as administrator'.
    Enter the command in the code box from the previous thread and proceed with rest of the instructions.

9. MysticHrist

MysticHrist Private E-2

Hm, is there a way to remove the restricted permission? "Access is denied" pops up whenever I try to copy it to somewhere...

10. _nullptr

Were you navigating to the location of the CBS.log and then right click copy, then paste it to your Documents folder?
    That method should work unless a program still has an open Handle to the file, in which case you'd receive the access denied message. Try copying it after rebooting or otherwise boot into safe mode and copy it.

11. MysticHrist

MysticHrist Private E-2

View attachment CBS.zip

Alright, managed to get it uploaded.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds