1 pc 2 diferrent audio outputs how?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Destructo, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

I want to use my stores pc to play music through the stores audio system (ran through a cheap klh reciever) but then also be able to use the pc's speakers to listen to streaming video, dvd, etc. I would use media player for the music and nero 6x for video fyi.

Is there a way to do that simultaniously without the one bleeding into the other?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :major

Thanks!

Destructo

comp: winxp pro 768mb ram 2200+amd? onboard sound (old msi board)

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

second audio card?

3. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

But can you "sli" audio cards?

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

no,no,no.you have onboard audiocard.I was thinking to buy another audio card and plug in one of the slots you have on the mobo.

5. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

I referred to sli meaning, can 2 audio cards work simultaniously without conflicts, like sli/crossfired vid cards. Dont want to waste the money on something that might not work.

But hopefully maybe someones tried this?confused Any sound studio guys out there?

thanks idea Goran, I appreciate it.

I have it all hooked up actually: ran the receiver from a splitter out the back. The pc speakers work when plugged into the headset jack in the front so I atleast have easy access to controlling which I want on. Still have to figure out the split output though.

trudgin on!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds