1 user connected to my machine?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bogie, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Bogie

Bogie Private E-2

I rebooted my machine yesterday and I got a message saying something like " there is 1 user(s) connected to your computer...do you still wish to shut down". I did shut down as there shouldn't have been anyone connected... how can I find out how they conncted? I am a part of a home network, but the other 2 computers were not being used at the time, and I've rebooted before with the others being used and never got that message before. Methinks I been hacked...
    can anyone point me in the right direction? Systems are running Win98SE...

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

under DOS try the command "net session" see what that gives you

3. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

I dont mean DOS DOS but the command prompt under windows :)

4. Bogie

Bogie Private E-2

"the command SESSION is unknown. for a list of valid commands type NET HELP at the command prompt. "

5. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

doh, lets see.... try netstat in commadn prompt

6. Bogie

Bogie Private E-2

ok...using netstat I see a few lines with numbers relating to my ip number and my isp...
    but this morning when I first got on the cpu, with nothing open or running I had one line that had "nbsession" which I hadn't seen before. I rebooted normally and then it was gone...

7. Bogie

Bogie Private E-2

nbsession line is there again right now...here is the text"

TCP voodoo:nbsession 0x5358447b.esnxx2.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk:4196 TIME_WAIT

pretty sure this is the culprit....what can I do about it?

8. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

check this software out, supposed to scan your open ports and tell you what software is opening the ports, should tell us what that it and if its possibly a trojan

http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/inzider/

9. Bogie

Bogie Private E-2

ok..that line hasn't shown up since I d/l that program...as soon as it does I'll run it again and see what shows up
    thanks Wookie

10. wannabegeek

wannabegeek Private E-2

that happened to me and i called hp he walked me through diasabling some things at the start up ..it probably was just u running 2 programs :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds