100TB of Storage on a single 3.5 !!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Clark_Kent, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I just saw that thing and :eek: and i definitly want one.....

So i don't knows is this has been post on the off base (M.A)

Quote:

Have you ever dream of 100 terabyte of data per 3.5-inch disk? New patented innovation nanotechnology from Michael E. Thomas, president of Colossal Storage Corporation, makes it real.

Michael invented and patented the world's first and only concept for non-contact UV photon induced electric field poling of ferroelectric non-linear photonic bandgap crystals, which offers the possibility of controlling and manipulating light within a UV/Deep Blue frequency of 1 nm to 400 nm.

It took him 14 years to find a practical conceptualization that would work to advance the storage industry; 3D Volume Holographic Optical Storage Nanotechnology, for which Michael holds the patents. He was invited to present this fascinating discovery to the National Science Foundation in February 2004

More info Here: http://www.physorg.com/news785.html

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

I heard they cost as much as a dodge viper. That true anyone know?

3. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

That's what i think the price make i few search so don't knows
    is this will be the final price take it with a grain off salt...

The expected cost of the Atomic Holographic DVR disc drive will be from $570 to $750 with the replacement discs for $45.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

large storage area networks require A LOT of space and I/O . My brother routinely deploys SANS that are 100+ terrabytes each. Why that much memory? easy, large companies have a lot of data. Pharmeceuticals have TONS of research data that they need to store. Images, documents, raw data, models.. you name it. My question is what's the throughput ?

5. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

guys, thats just a demo of the technology. expect to see that in like 10-15 years.

6. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

I think windows 1.5 gigs

7. Steak and Eggs

Steak and Eggs Private First Class

holy cow!!! thats an azzload of space right there, think of what the games would be like then, incredible!!! when we finally get to that point where that stuff is commonplace for individuals, i think they will have some really REALLY good graphics cards and with that much space to spare, man, i cant wait, lol. what ya'll think?

8. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

possibly, all i know is that not only can i flac every song i have, and i can also rip every dvd-audio disk (assuming good music comes out on those) i buy into lossless files!

but until they come out with low latency high resolution monitors, video file sizes will stay relatively the same as they are now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds