101 C Degrees CPU ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bakerbj, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

My sons PC runs for about 8 minutes then just keeps switching on and off, when I look at the BIOS and the CPU temp, it just keeps rising, when it gets to 101 C it switch off the temp drops to 95 C then rises again and switches off, It cant be 101 c the fan is working, any ideas ???

2. fishkake

fishkake Private E-2

Try a firmware upgrade. After that, I'm out of ideas. I'm pretty sure that the CPU would either melt or burn at that temp so it sounds like you have a faulty thermostat.

Count yourself lucky - I had one which was faulty the other way arond. Think about it! :)

3. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

CAn I turn the temp off ??? in the BIOS

4. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

I know the fan is spinning like mad Don't know what the thermal compound is ? Sorry ! Help

5. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Thermal compound is aproduct that tranfers heat from the cpu to the cooling (fan etc) w/o this the cpu will heat up and shut off 100 c WOW thats warm-

Is this a new system to you or have you had it for a while
    I use silverfox butt there are alot of others check w/ your local pc store or staples(you would be suprised at what they carry)

justadefinition

6. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

I dont think It's getting that hot, can I switch off the temp ??

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

A little more info on the comp would help,age,make model,home build ect.

you say the fan is working,which fan?are you sure your looking at the cpu fan and not the power supply fan?

before you start turning alarms and thermal shutdowns off you really wanna check the cpu heatsink is seated properly,as has been said with some fresh thermal compound

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds