1045: Access denied for user 'texasfabrics'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Discussion in 'Software' started by z06_23_45, Mar 2, 2008.

1. z06_23_45

z06_23_45 Private E-2

I'm sure this has been discussed here many times so I'm sorry for the post but I need some help. My website was working fine and from one day to the next that error message popped up. I am pretty technical with fixing computers but don't know the first thing about websites. The guy who actually built our webiste quit on us a few months back and I don't know how to get my site back online. I need somebody to walk me through fixing this like a 1st grader:confused:confused:confused, if anyone is so kind. TIA.

Mike

2. Elvish Magi

Elvish Magi Private E-2

Error 1045 is an MySQL error code, returned when logging in to the database has failed.

Before anyone can begin to try and create a "walk through" to trying to solve this some extra information is needed.

I presume you have administrative access to the web server? You will need it to begin to try fixing this!

I am also presuming that the website is scripted in PHP, but only because of the commonality of the PHP / MySQL combination. Do (at least some of) the web pages end with the file extension ".php"? If not what file extensions are used - they can often indicate which scripting language(s) has been used.

Presuming the website is PHP based, does the web server have My PHP Admin installed? If it's a shared host there will normally be a link to it in the web host control panel if so, or on a dedicated host look for a folder most likely named "phpMyAdmin"

Finally, do you know the correct username and password your quitting web designer set up for the database?

3. z06_23_45

z06_23_45 Private E-2

Yes, it is scripted in php. Yesterday I was able to correct the error but now I get this error: MySQL Error Occured 1049: Unknown database 'data'. I was able to find the folder where this information is located and it does show 'data' as the database. I'm assuming the name of the database is wrong?? That is the same folder where I changed the password to the right one and I thought it was fixed but now this. :( I wish I knew more about this as this is extremely frustrating. :banghead

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds