1608 error

Discussion in 'Software' started by kelnav, Jan 6, 2007.

1. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

1608: unable to create installDriver instance, return code: -2147319784
    I keep getting this stupid error code while trying to install a camera (Canon) software.
    I tried Dial-A-Fix's permit repairs thing and it works, however it also disables, actually removes, other accounts and leaves only admin account. I had to restore XP on both occasions.

Any help?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

Thanks but no, that doesn't help. Gives the same message.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

What gives the same error message?

Steve

5. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

All the steps I follow and then try again but I get the same original 1608 error message.

6. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

Anyone? Bill? Bill Gates?

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

8. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

Will this erase the other accounts aside from admin like the Dial-A-Fix did?

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

10. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

Thanks for all the suggestions but it still doesn't work. The only time it worked, as I mentioned, was when I did the repairs with Dial-A-Fix, but that removed user accounts which I don't want to do.
    I'm about to give the stupid machine an old-fashioned "patch" with a brick.

11. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

12. kelnav

kelnav Private E-2

Well, that jarred something in the stupid machine's brain. Now I get "Error 1607 runtime" at about the same place I used to get the 1608!

13. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds