2.4 Ghz signal interference

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eagerinsight, Sep 11, 2005.

1. eagerinsight

eagerinsight Private E-2

I have a linksys WRT54GS. I also have a 2.4 wireless phone, 2.4 wireless controller for my ps2 and a bad ass pioneer home theatre with 2.4 wireless speakers. All of which are picking up interference from the router. I looked and can't find a router that transmits higher than 2.4, buying a new router is cheaper than a new home theater. Is there a way to clear up this interference?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There are routers that trasmit at 5ghz.

Take a look:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...826028&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper

Anything that uses 802.11a is 5ghz, AFAIK.

You can disable the 802.11g side.

Then, you will need 802.11a wireless cards.

Although I'd argue its cheaper to run wires through your attic and out the wall where your speakers are at, get wired ps2 controllers, and get a 5ghz phone ;)

You know you can change small increments of 2.4ghz on the router, too, right?

There are 11 different channels, and one might be far enough way from the frequency the others use to be sufficient.

3. protypex

protypex Private E-2

I too am having the same problem you are having. I have a Wgt624 Netgear router which is 2.4ghz and my phone is 2.4ghz. I tried the 5 ghz phones but they didn't work well, although interference was gone. I returned the 5 ghz phones and got cool 2.4ghz phones that I really want to keep. Still getting damn interference though. If you guys know anything about Netgear routers that have some kind of setting that I can change please let me know. If not I guess I'll be returning these phones as well.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Dont use the 108Mbps feature.

Find a channel that works for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds