2 HP Laptops, One Older Vista One New 7 Operating Systems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mike0921, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Mike0921

Mike0921 Private E-2

This is a real "E2" thing maybe, but I have owned an HP Pavillion dv6815nr, AMD dual core, +/- 2 ghz processor, 3 GB ram, with Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS, on it for about 2 years. I just bought an HP G62-347nr, with an AMD dual core, +/- 2.2 GHz processor, 3 GB Ram, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS. They are both buggy with issues, and am slowly working my way through them. I had a tech support subscription on the older one for about a year, and finally one of them suggested I could save a little money and just google problems, and get what I need from those search results and forums. I have much more time than money...

I have noticed that the new machine when in IE 8 (used in both machines) that with the Vista, when opening a new site, in a new tab, that it seems to "jump" right to the page, while in the lower bar of the window it tells you its downloading different items, and will display bits until all is finished loading, and the page is good to go.

In the 7 machine, doing the same process, nothing seems to happen for what I guess is the same amount of time maybe (?? haven't "timed" it...) but then the whole page appears and is as I said above it "is good to go".

Is this just normal, the difference in the way the OS's work or do I have an issue with a brand new machine and need to return it, let them "fix" it, or require some other action?

I am having some network issues, and other questions regarding getting these two on my wireless network and working together, so as I am working on that and a few other things, this question came to mind.

All else seems to work as the information I rea when I search my Google "Help File". I mean the differences that are built into 7 over Vista etc.. It's really (right now) my only concern about the new laptop, and how I am learning the new version of Windows, which so far I am really appreciating.

Thanks for taking the time to all,

:-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds