2 of 3 clients can print; one barfs... why?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp, Nov 9, 2005.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

help/advise please
    have three systems on a netgear router, all three run Windows ME, all up-to-the-minute patches/etc. HP Deskjet 700 series on one. two of the systems print just fine to the printer. the third, a toshiba portege via wireless, can see the printer, populate into "network places", can browse the printer properties etc, but every print job sent triggers a kickout, windows error message "communication to printer was lost", and "the file waiting to be printed was deleted".

tried everything in my arsenal but results always same. the net client setups are the same as on the 'good' systems. What am I doing wrong?

thx
    zapp

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds