2 OS's and stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.Wolf, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Mr.Wolf

Mr.Wolf Private First Class

I installed win XP twice. dont ask me why, it was a long time ago. I deleted one of the installation folders (i named Windows2), and have my OS in the normal c:\Windows folder. When i start up my PC, it askes me to chose one. naturally, the deleted one doesnt work. Is there any way i can stop this?

Second question because i dont want to make another post. I just installed a 10 gig hard drive i had lying around. Can i put my OS on it somehow without alot of complication?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its in the boot.ini

Look on the root of the drive.

Make sure the correct windows installation is default (the first in the list).

Then remove the seconmd line under [operating systems] It should say its in windows2.

For example of what you are viewing look at mine:

[boot loader]
    timeout=3
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
    (Remove the second line)

I dont think I need to tell you, but just in case:

This is at your own risk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds