2 Radeon Cards?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LI_Geek_95, Apr 28, 2015.

1. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Hi Guys,

Today I went out and bought 2 new graphics cards. Since I'm looking for screen real estate, and not gaming, I got 2 Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB cards to replace my Nvidia 610's.

I installed the cards, and I cannot for the life of me get all 6 monitors to work at once. I installed the drivers, and checked pretty much everything I can think of. My displayport adapters are active, not passive, however I had the same issue with the passive adapters too. If I disconnect one of the cards, I get a picture on the other 3 monitors. And then if I reconnect it, I get a picture on those. Catalyst control center doesn't even recognize that there are 6 monitors attached, however windows device manager shows both cards.

Additionally, I tried plugging in one monitor into each card, and that did not make a difference - it still worked on one or the other. I tried both display ports, both DVIs, and both HDMIs, as well as a combination of the 3.

Other specs

- 8GB DDR3 RAM
    - AMD 9590 8-Core 4.7GHz Processor
    - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 board
    - 600 Watt PSU
    - Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

2. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Hi,

Got it resolved. It was due to CrossFireX being enabled. CrossFireX disables the second card's outputs, and just uses it for graphics processing.

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Thanks for posting the solution!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds