2 X different GPUs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BILLMCC66, Sep 28, 2009.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am going to ask this Q although i think i know the answer but am not sure,

What if anything would happen if you were to SLI 2 GPUs of different values i.e. a GTX295 and a GTX260 or a 260 and a 250??
    Would the more powerful GPU take control?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

LOL, it won't work.;) Last time I read a post like this was that folks were saying if the pipelines were equal then it should be OK as then the driver config needed for both would be there. I've never tried it, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Heck, you've already got a pair of GTX200's in the 295, why pair it up with something else? I have a feeling you're only running one client on that board if a 260 beat it.;)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

From what I've seen and herd it doesn't work. I herd you can break the cards doing that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds