22inch monitor resolutions.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by devilishly.charmin, Nov 21, 2007.

1. devilishly.charmin

devilishly.charmin Private First Class

Hi, today I got a 22 inch dell monitor. Anyway when I have set it up I am noticing that the biggest resolution possible is 1680 x 1050. I do only have a NVIDIA Geforce 7300GS card but still thought I would be able to get a higher resolution than this. I did some research and found it said this "Maximum resolution: 2048 x 1536"

Anyone got any ideas how come I cannot get mine an bigger? Thanks

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Just a heads up, as I wouldn't want to see it happen to anyone else:

The monitor will have a 'native' resolution that's designed to work best. I've had support personnel weasel out of their duties due to a monitor not being used at native resolution. You should be able to find this resolution at http://support.dell.com, if not in your manuals.

Little ludacris, imo, but it happened.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

I have a 7600GS and two monitors (dual view) with the latest Nvidia Forceware

the 22" LCD can only be set to a maximum of 1680 x 1050 (its native resolution)

the 17" CRT can be set up to the cards maximum - 2048 x 1536

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Something else I was trying to get at - maybe the monitor can't go any higher! There's a way to determine what resolutions and refresh rates the monitor can support - let me see if I can dig this up...

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Good point Mada, I think the 22" is not going to go beyond 1680 x 1050

7. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Ohh duhhh I missed this part - can you link? Could that be the cards max res as Shane suggests?

8. devilishly.charmin

devilishly.charmin Private First Class

Hey, I have tried installing all the correct drivers again, I had them installed in the first place but reinstalled them again juse incase something went wrong. Its not a huge problem, just thought it would go bigger. 22inch sure beats a crappy lil 15inch one lol. Here is the link I got that info from, dont know if its 100% accurate but thats what it says...

http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/ps_16455367/111601.html - click product details. (oh yeh, when I said "Maximum resolution: 2048 x 1536" I did mean thats what it said on the graphics card when I was looking)

Cheers.

9. n3et

n3et Private E-2

My acer 22" LCD can only be set to a maximum of 1680 x 1050, or 1600 x 1200 depending on what computer I use.

Sounds like you are looking at the graphic adapter maximum resolution instead of what your LCD's max is.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds