256MB as 128MB??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sleepygamer213, Aug 20, 2005.

1. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Ok as most of you know i got my Gigabyte 9600XT 128MB.... Well i was glad to see that my benchmark scores were greatly increased... I went into 3dmark05s online database and checked my stats... It said that my graphics card was 256MB? But the box says 128MB DDR... I think that there are 8 ram chips that each say samsung (model number) 327... Is it really a 256MB card, did i get lucky (for the first time ever) or is 3dmark05 wrong? (again)

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

3. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Awww, its just 128mb.... ah well...

QUESTION! Ive been playing around lately and it seems that the cooler my card is the better FPS i get.... hrm, reason to buy a new HSF or new waterblock.... I THINK SO!

4. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

you could get an artic silencer heat sink for that card and overclock it a little cool ia always good.

5. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds