2Computers/1 LCD screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oldstumpy2, Aug 1, 2004.

1. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Hi Folks:
    I want to hook up two computers on one LCD screen can i do it and if so how do i do it,
    is there a special switch i have to get? Hope every thing is goining well for everybody,
    and have nice:) day. oldstumpy.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  2. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Hi Folks: Again
    I left out that i have only one printer also, i need to hook up. Thanks for all the help.:)

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, what I have done is, hooked my main computer to the DVI input on my LCD. I've hooked one other computer to the VGA input.

I have a 1 and 2 button on my monitor and switch it by the press of a button.

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Yeah, the easiest way would be the way Adrynalyne said. If you have two inputs on your LCD monitor (analog and digital) connect a computer to each one. Then you can switch back and forth between the computers.

If you only have an analog input, you may be able to get a switch box for 15-pin D-sub cables. And use it to switch back and forth.

5. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I've been using this kvm switch: http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=302004&pfp=cat3
    for a few months now and it works really well :D The only other thing I'd suggest, Oldstumpy, is to network them and use Remote Desktop to administrate the one without a monitor :)

6. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

As for your printer, get a small router so that you can have internet access on both systems and both systems can see each other. Than you can share the Printer between both.

7. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

What do they use on the show "The Screen Savers"?
    Patrick just switches a switch and it goes to the other system on the monitor.

8. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Probably a KVM. There are many different types.

9. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Thanks for all the help folks:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds