2k Server, wrong time on workstations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by King, Jun 28, 2005.

1. King

King Private E-2

Hi all, have a client with a 2000 Server SP2 (yeah, i know, more below), Active Directory Domain Controller. For some reason all the XP Pro SP2 workstations have a different/wrong time compared to the server. Try changing the time at the workstation, and within 5min it changes back to the incorrect time! The server has/stays at the correct time. I've checked for time utils at the WS level, none found. Some WSs are 10min fast or slow, some are up to an hour fast or slow. Very strange.

Now they also run an ancient crappy program from the network that had problems with SP4 the last time I tried to install it.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

-K

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Not sure this will fix your issue or not, but try this:

On the XP boxes....
    Right click on the clock on the desktop (bottom right hand corner).
    Select Adjust Date/Time.
    Select the Internet Time Tab

Try either unchecking "Automatically Sychronize with an internet time server"

or

Try typing in the ip of the server. Then press the Update Now button.

3. King

King Private E-2

Hmm, don't seem to have an 'Internet Time' tab in adjust time/date. This is on my own pc though, not onsite currently. Thanks though.

-K

4. catbro6166

catbro6166 Corporal

Have you htought about the cmos battery being dead just sounds like the same probs I have had when my batt died.

5. King

King Private E-2

Its a possibility, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try unplugging one and let it sit, see if bios resets.

-K

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Make sure the computers are set for the correct time zone you are in. Windows defaults to Pacific Time Zone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds