3 from today's front page

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Dec 29, 2006.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

For you 102 lurkers out there, and MG members, check out

Eraser 5.82 [ 2.6 Mb | Freeware | Win All]
    Completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive

Spybot Search and Destroy Update December 29, 2006 [ 1.2 Mb | Freeware | Win All]
    Update your Spybot S&D detections without the need for the included WebUpdate.

and a small backup program to try

Yadis! 0.1.6.1 [ 460 Kb | Freeware | Win All]
    Yadis! is a free and simple backup application

As usual, I haven't tried them all, just list them for your information.
    I'm going to check out the backup program, though.

I do use SpyBot Search & Destroy.
    www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2471
    This is the program, the first mention is for the update only.

For all those visiting the Software forum, and not yet joined MG, check out the Must Have Free downloads link for lots of goood FREE stuff.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20
    Bazza

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Just letting you know that I check out your posts on the stuff on the front page, even though I always check that out, too. Never know when something will slip by me.:)

3. bigbazza

There are some sneaky gems there, :D , musksnipe.
    Even going back a couple of days, some leap out at you, that you missed first time through.;)

I like to remind the "lurkers" out there, of the stuff on the front page.

When I logged on early this morning (OZ time) into the Software forum, I was the only member, with 102 guests "lurkers".

We've gotta convert them to members somehow, and this is one way I figure to do it.
    Bazza

===

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  4. bigbazza

Tried out Yadis! 0.1.6.1 [ 460 Kb | . I was hoping to get a simple backup to USB pen drive or CD/DVD. I couldn't get it to work (maybe me). It should work well for backing up from one internal hard drive to another internal hard drive.

I will try a bit more in case I overlooked some setup details. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds