3-way sli question (power supply)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by miked79, Nov 9, 2011.

1. miked79

miked79 Private E-2

U guys think this xfx 750 black edition PSU can run 3 way sli gtx 460s?

also can u sli video cards that have the same spec but made by a different company?

Thanks!

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

What is your full hardware setup?

Yes, You can do that. However it will clock down all the cards to your card with the lowest clock.

Also another question is Do you already have 2 GTX 460's in sli and want to add a third one? If so I would save the cash up and buy a new 600 series Nvidia card when they come out.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

No, each 460 needs 250W max of power(20A ea.) plus what the mobo/periphs need depending on your specs. Say 1100W to be on the safe side and a quality brand(80+ bronze) to protect your investment. Your XFX is like my Corsair TX 750, 62A on the 12V single rail. Just enough for the video cards and nothing else. Don't skimp on a PSU as it can take everything out and you're then left with nothing!

If I may ask, which game(s) are you playing that you want to improve your FPS or is this a professional application?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds