30 Minute Vista Boot.

Discussion in 'Software' started by kris87, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kris87

kris87 Private E-2

Hi!

I've got a slight problem - for the second time - with Vista booting up. The first time I fixed this problem a year ago, all I simply did was reset the BIOS and load user defaults and it worked fine. I tried the same trick again this time - nothing. Still running the same with the 30 minute boot up time.

It runs fine up until the 'loading bar' screen where the bar starts out loading fine and then all of a sudden it pauses and every 5-10 minutes it'll move a little bit, but hardly at all. After 30-40 minutes of this, it finally loads to the log-in window and then everything appears to be running fine again.

However, every time I shut my laptop down, I have to go through the same cycle all over again.

No updates have been recently installed that I'm aware of, and I'm running Vista SP2 32 bit on an Asus F3SV.

Any advice or solutions anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You've done the basic cleaning and ensured all applications that start on boot up need to?

If you've already done all those steps your next move would be to work through this link, then start a new thread in the Malware Forum and post up the logs requested.

3. kris87

kris87 Private E-2

Yes - have done all those.

So, I guess I'll work through the malware stuff now and do as you suggested.

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds