1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3000+ temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldfish, Jan 26, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hmm... ive got a Barton core AMD AthlonXP 3000+ in this rig now, runs at around 69C surfing and heavy downloading... and peaks around 75. Ive got one 80mm exhaust fan, and an Aero V copper heatsink, running at full pelt.

Somthing tells me this ISNT healthy.
  2. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

that's cause it isn't goldy ;)

remove the hair from your AS3 layer between the cpu and hsf ;):D
  3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

lol... i dont even know if its actually there or not :p
    it would probably explain it if it was...
  4. calcnerd

calcnerd Private E-2

75??? holy cow! get some more fans in that beast. my 3000+ stays at about 56 at max
  5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ah. Re-applied heat sink, following arctic silver instructions to the LETTER, temps are now around 62C on load. whee
  6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

62c is still really high.
  7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Its not that high... what do you suggest i do to make it cooler? :/
  8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I have no idea, me not being a cooling expert, but I overlcocked my 2500+ to that with the retail HSF and it ran a little cooler, and that was overclocked...
  9. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well i am saturating it.. im running Bionc. My cooler isnt that bad! it got my 2000+ down to around 48C idling. im using AS 5. maybe i should try 3? Oh i dunno, ive got a massive great fan in there too for intake.. why no difference!
  10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Im confused.

I ran my 2400+ at under 40c with a Volcano 6.

Sure your cooler isn't a dud?
  11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Now im totally confused. Its an Aero V... full copper heat sink, blower fan, adjustable speed knob turned up to the max....
  12. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

try putting that intake into exhaust, the warm air probably doesn't have a lot of space to go to...
  13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

ok, lets put this into context. Ambient room temperature 23.9C, Case ambient temp, 32C, processor more like 64C.
  14. mudshot

mudshot Private First Class

I had similar temps with my 2800

The only way I found to cool it was by water

Having looked around it seems some run 40C whilst others are nearer 60C

Manufacturing tolerences a bit adrift, but then the likes of Dell and Time dont care if it overheats in a year

One thing you need is good airflow in and out of the case
  15. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

*falls off swivel chair*
    I cant afford £200 worth of water cooling!!!!
    Well, its not overheating, im happy.
  16. help

help Corporal

my 2000+ runs at 59 degress celcius. and ive been having no problems whatsoever.
  17. MCSEGeek

MCSEGeek Private E-2

I have an XP 3000+ (400 fsb) currently at 2.3 Ghz. Right now while I'm typing this my CPU temp is 96F (35.5C) and at full load it MIGHT hit 102F (38.8C)
  18. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

OK this is getting completley rediculous. When saturating my CPU (running Boinc) im REGULARLY getting over 70C unless ive got a desk fan sitting next to the back of my case. What on earth should i do?? maybe i should stick a fan on the side of the case... i wanna put a window in at some point maybe that what i should do.
    BTW mine is a 333 fsb, matching my ddr 333 ram.
  19. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

MY Tbird 1.4Ghz 266 FSB stock....running 1.8 401 Mhz FSB :D:p 156F :eek::( hehehe :D .....
  20. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC