32bit? 64bit? who's on 1st, what's on 2nd ....

Discussion in 'Software' started by mosander, Mar 8, 2012.

1. mosander

mosander Private E-2

The other night I went to bed with a fully functional laptop; in the morning I found that I was unable to access the net, and the error message i received said that it was a dns error. I don't seem to be able to restore functionality to the 32 bit internet explorer program, but 64 bit works fine. the trouble is, programs such as windows live mail work by accessing the net using the 32 bit version of IE9. The error message is below:

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    •Internet connectivity has been lost.
    •The website is temporarily unavailable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    •There might be a typing error in the address.
    •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

I've tried everything suggested above, no joy.

Anybody had/have this problem, and what did you do about it?

Thanks in advance,

Mosander

2. Sad_Rabbit

Sad_Rabbit Private E-2

Hi Mosander,
    I've had this issue with a laptop of mine before. But i was able to clear it by removing the IPV6 protocol, apparently my ancient router was able to support this anyway and it's what caused this issue for me. Hope that helps out. - Sad_Rabbit

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds