3M`s Mulitple Monitors and Modems!

Discussion in 'Software' started by harry, Mar 24, 2004.

1. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

I have a problem which is puzzling and annoying, but is in no way interfering with the effiencey of my computer!

In Device Manager it is reported that I have Three default monitors and One Plug and Play monitor. The plug and play is correct, but every time I delete/uninstall the 3 default monitors, on the next reboot they are back again, without a "new hardware found" screen .
    Device Manager also reports that I have Two modems
    The second one appears immediately on reboot, but is different in that it shows with the yellow exclamation mark. Now I understood this to mean that the device was not working, but this modem is reported as working and connected to com port2.
    If deleted system still works normally.
    The other modem, without exclamation mark, is reported as working but with "no location", which I take to mean no com port.

On Robos advice I checked bios to see if onboard LAN or video were enabled, but was unable to find them, only finding an, (enabled), onboard H/W lan(?) I did however update the bios form the internet.
    System:-
    O/S windows xp pro sp1
    mobo Gigabyte 7VT600 l x
    512Mb 2700 ram
    CPU amd athlon xp +2800
    nvidia geforce 5200 128
    Modem us robotics 56k ext fax

Thanks for reading all this, its better than a F.N.J.
    harry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds