403 Forbidden

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by burningfox, May 18, 2009.

1. burningfox

burningfox Private E-2

can someone please tell me what is going on? this is what i see when i try to go to http://www.majorgeeks.com

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2. Nick_

Nick_ Private E-2

same here but now

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

3. burningfox

burningfox Private E-2

me too. i just got the same thing nick.
    whats going on?

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Server maintence or upgrades, just try back if thats the only site that has issues for you.

5. Nibblesdacat

Nibblesdacat Private E-2

This also has another cause. If the server is offline / rebooting, you will get this error. However if you are trying to connect to a server that requires authentication, it will also give this to you if you don't enter proper authentication ie user and password.

If you are getting this on your personal server it is more than likely that you need to restart it or you have a service that isn't started. If it still is happening check your security settings on your server. I have ran into this a few times with my server setup on my main computer.

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Double hard drive failure. We are updating the popular apps and slowly will begin manually restoring form a backup that is almost 2 years old. :(

7. Nibblesdacat

Nibblesdacat Private E-2

OUCH! :( that hurts... good luck with that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds