#49 write fault

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Silver305, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Silver305

Silver305 Private E-2

Hi there i have a compaq presario 2100 laptop iv haded for about 3 years now my warrenty is gone any now i face some problems. My problem is when i try to restore it, it gives me a little screen saying Error #49 write fault at 60% progress and sometimes my hard drive makes clicking noises i dont know what to do i get mad can some one help me? i really dont wana have to buy a new hard drive.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Clicking sounds are a prelude to hard drive failure ....so would suggest you backup all your files, the try a check disc on the harddrive (right click the c drive / properties / tools tab / error checking ...check now - check both boxes ....you'll have to reboot to run it. ...post back.

3. Silver305

Silver305 Private E-2

i wish i could do that But im sorry if i didnt mention that when the error comes up the computer rebots and a black screen apears saying
    no operating system found so basically i dont have a OS which is why im trying to restore.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Master boot files are gone ...not good ...best you can do would be to pull the hard drive and slave it to a working puter ..then copy files off and do a reformat on that drive ...might get a little more life out of it.

Eliminate bad sectors hard drive:
    http://www.linct.org/cur/NewDeal/ts/248.htm

5. Silver305

Silver305 Private E-2

but how does that benefit my dead HD if I pull it out and put it on a working laptop to fix it? i dont know why is doing that the laptop been lilke that for like a year and back then i can restore it well and now i come back to fix it now it gone bad. Is there any wahy i can use my PC to fix this problem?

6. Silver305

Silver305 Private E-2

Great my my stupid cd dvd drive that i just got today stoped reading spining the disc i cant even ****ing boot any cds now Ill just ****ing shoot myself right now!!!!!!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds