4bit 800/600 stuck

Discussion in 'Software' started by carmello2003, Mar 26, 2009.

1. carmello2003

carmello2003 Private First Class

I have 2 hard drive in my computer both with XP on them. I only use the one I am having problems with for storage and also in case I am having problems with my main drive. I booted to it today and my screen resolution is messed up. Kind of like safe mode but it DOESN"T say safe mode. I tried to adjust it by going to (right click) properties>Settings the best it will let me do is 800 by 600 4bit. if i keep at it a 10 times or so I can get it to go to 800 by 600 8bit. I have investagated a little and was told there may be a problem with my "BOOT.INI file" I have ziped that also, seem ok to me but what do I know.
    I also deleted my monitor from device manager. I rebooted. I get a window that says "Windows can fix your resolution click the balloon" I did this with no change. I ran norton and it came clean (Which it always does when I have problems. I hate it). Can you help me please? Inclosed is the Boot.ini file and the files from "Do this first" I also have a "flash10b.ocx error in IE I don't know if they are related. I would just transfer data and reformat BUT I don't know if it is Malware and I don't want to transfer the problem. I also have posted this on "Malware Forum" I got 20 views and no replies. I thought I'd try here. Also I did a "sfc /scannow" and everything was ok.
    Thank You In Advanced
    Carmello

Attached Files:

2. carmello2003

I did delete (or should I say Uninstall) the Monitor in device manager and then reinstalled it. is this the same thing?

3. carmello2003

Come to think about it Yes i did try to update and it said something like "This was the best driver" or "A better driver could not be found"

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Display Adapter and Monitor are two separate entries in Device Manager.

Check what the Display Adapter is in Device Manager of the emergency XP.
    Boot your normal XP and write down the name of the Display Adapter from Device Manager.
    Someone can help you find the driver. If your PC is off the shelf then name and model # will help get a driver off the PC manufacturer's website.

5. carmello2003

That did it!I uninstalled my display adapter and restarted. Windows reloaded the driver and everything is fine. Thank You Very Much
    Carmello

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds