6.20 won't start when windows starts

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I recently upgraded my Folding client to the 6.20 systray/graphical one. I like watching the dancing protein molecules. :)

The old client, 5.3, started as soon as I loaded Windows XP, however this new one won't do that. I have to manually start the client by running the program from Start > All Programs, and since I never had to do that before I keep forgetting top start it. My computer ran for two straight days without folding, before I noticed this little problem. I checked out the official guides Augie linked to in another thread, and I have looked through the client settings and propert6ies, but I can't find a way to start it when I start Windows.

Help...? :confused

2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Have you tried moving (or copying) the item to the StartUp folder? Windows automatically runs programs in the StartUp folder on startup. The StartUp folder is usually in All Programs.

3. Mimsy

Oh, I didn't think of that! I feel dumb now :-D

I have a Startup Control Panel in in Windows Control Panel, that lets me add or remove program from the WinXP startup. I have added Folding there now, and I'll let you know how it works out. :)

4. Mimsy

Well, it sort of worked. It's up and running, and started when WinXP did. However, it seems to have lost all my personal settings, to the point that I had to reenter my user name and team number, and all progress on my WU is gone. The client is starting over.

But it did start when I logged in, so for now, it's all good. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds