6800gt

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elementkid07, Jan 11, 2005.

1. elementkid07

elementkid07 Private First Class

well...i put it in and now i see a bunch of little colred blips and stuff on the screen and like i had it out for a while then i just put my nv silencer 5 and i installed the stuff agin and everything it just stilld oes it...any suggestions?

2. elementkid07

feel free to post in here

3. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

I'm not really sure what this is all about, feels as if you've had another thread about this before..?

back to basics... I assume it's a video card but is it agp or pci express? anyway, do you have another video card to try with? in that case get the computer up and running first, then swap this one in and see if it works. if not - post a little more info about specs etc

4. elementkid07

my other one works...but this one doesnt...its a leadtek 6800gt and like last night it worked for a while cus i played call of duty but then it puts weird stuff...what could it be? thermal paste error or what?

5. mudshot

mudshot Private First Class

If you took off the original heatsink/fan etc and put a new one on chances are you have been to rough with it and killed it.

If I was you i would put it back to standard spec and return it and play dumb

6. elementkid07

yea...thats what i would do...but i dont have the stock hsf nemore...if any1 has one that came w/ the leadtek im willling to buy

but what could be wrong?!?!?!?

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

have you got a suitable enough processor and psu? the 6800gt requires at least 400W of psu as it uses a lot of it!

8. mudshot

I think it is the voltage convertors they are very delicate, situated near the molex socket.

And if it worked before with your setup and not after you "modified" it chances are you damaged it.

Sorry dude

9. elementkid07

is there ANY way at all to repair it? or does ne1 knowof a place that does stuff like this?

10. elementkid07

?
    ??
    ???
    ????
    ?????
    ??????
    ?????
    ????
    ???
    ??
    ?

11. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Nope your gonna have to try to return it and hope they take it :(

12. elementkid07

NOT gona happen...idonthave the heatsink :(

13. mudshot

Then you have two choices

Try to find a heatsink somewhere

or

return it with your current steup and hope they are sympathetic

14. elementkid07

or...buy one then switcharoo

15. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Video card Piracy!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds