700 dollars what to buy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonz-sk8, Jul 31, 2008.

1. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

Ok so i had a thread going about a year ago.. about a gaming computer i wanted to build.. never went through with buying it... But i have 700 dollars and i was wondering if anyone could just throw me some ideas on what parts to buy... if it exceeds a little over 700 that is fine.... Im greatful for anyones help .. thank you

2. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

This is a nice case: $69.95 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042&Tpk=antec+300 Free shipping! This is a well built mid tower, I am doing a little work on one for one of my borgs.

I am a little out of the loop on PSU's, but trust me, don't go cheap there! That is a very nice video card you selected! Pretty quiet, gets 11 to 12k or so in 3DMark 06, so you should be set up for some games!

This card looks pretty good, and will save you a couple of bucks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121263

You list 4GB RAM, are you going to run a 64bit OS?

E

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

5. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

6. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

im not the best with computers but i deff know not one thing about mother boards... i kinda want my computer to be easily upgraded to a gaming pc... i think the proccesor i choose was good but any suggestions on what i should change... thank you guys so much

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds