754 amd chips

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Angry Man, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Angry Man

Angry Man Private E-2

ok i have a e-machines m6811 laptop and it has the amd 64 3400+ mobile chip. i was wondering if all the 754 pin packages are the same or is there a mobile and a regular desktop chip and if so can i interchange them or not?

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

Technicaly you could probably put a desktop chip in that unit, but you'd have seriiuos heat issues and your battery life would suffer.
    The fastest S754 CPu is te 3700, and the preformance difference wouldn't be that noticeable. Stick with your 3400. If you want to make the unit faster consider adding more ramm, or upgrading your current HDD to one of the faster laptop drives available.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds