7600 GT To Hot!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by emilito78, Nov 22, 2007.

1. emilito78

emilito78 Private E-2

hello, i have the eVGA 7600gt 256mb with Fan (Estandar model), mounted in a ASUS M2n4-sli motherboard. When i initiate the PC, the temperature is 47 C.degrees, in 2d applications this one begins to ascend slowly up to coming to 50-55 degrees where it remains stabilized. In 3d applications, Playing Oblivion for example, the temperature begins to increase up to 70-75 degrees where it returns to become stable.

I thought of regulating the Fan Speed´s (RPM) to his maximum power to obtain a better refrigeration on my VGA, but i cannot control the fan´s speed with RIvatuner, Neither with the Ntune. Also, i have used all kind of drivers, 163.75, 94.84, 91.47, etc, And with all, the same thing happens.

When i enable low-level fan control In Rivatuner 2.06, it show fixed (29% duty cicle). Here I can increase or decrease the speed sliding the bar towards the sides, but I do not listen to any audible sign of that really has changed the fan´s speed. In adittion, under "fixed", the AUTO option is Disabled. Is impossible click it. Why???

Also in LAUNCHER, I have created 3 profiles to assign different speeds for every type of applications (2d, 3d, performance) and nothing happened.

I Have read that some manufacturers of cards 7600gt, allow the fan´s control, already be manually or in an automatic way, but others manufacturers do not allow it

My questions are, If the eVGA support Fan Speed´s control. And if someone who possesses the same card could make it work please explain to me how to do it. Thank you!

2. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

is that hot air jst sitting in your case? or do you have some sort of a rear exhaust to suck it out?

3. emilito78

emilito78 Private E-2

7600 Gt

I have a 12" FAN in the rear of the case expelling hot air outward.
    Moreover, in these days have added a new 8" FAN with filter for dust on the side of the case injecting cold air to the video card and chipset of the mainboard. Now get Temps 5 degrees lower Both the video card, such as the CPU and the chipset mainboard.

But the temperature was not the reason for my post, but were only baseline data for people.

The reason for the post is if I can increase / decrease the FAN speed that brings incorporated my video card specifically, because I could not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds