7950s

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by evilflame2, Jul 25, 2006.

1. evilflame2

evilflame2 Private E-2

does anyone know of a motherboard(intel socket 755,AMD socket 939, or any other sli you can find) that supports dual 7950s without taking up the space of an extra pci slot. i want to have a sound card and a physics card. I look at the pictures of some of the a8ns but i can tell that 2 7950s won't fit with two other pci slots open. i know there are some sli mobos with 3 pci slots but i want all of the pci's open.

thanks

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Are you certain about the A8N-SLIs? I have that board at home with 2 MSI NX7600s installed, and I still have PCI slots available. The video cards take up PCIe slots, and aren't wide enough to tie up the PCIs.

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

4. evilflame2

evilflame2 Private E-2

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Heh, I don't want to be a jerk :p , but have you looked at the MSI NX7600? It's the SAME width. And I have TWO of them installed in my machine. (*cough*practicalexperience*cough*)I still have free PCI slots on the A8N board.

I'd have to agree with Wyatt_Earp, though. You can probably save yourself alot of headaches (and money) by letting the technology mature a little bit. (Heck, its still early for the 64-bit archtecture!)

7. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

8. evilflame2

evilflame2 Private E-2

ok, im sorry mada

anyway the reason it is unstable is because it is a beta driver

and mada how many free pci slots do you have?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds