99 percent cpu by system

Discussion in 'Software' started by hoMEMom, Jun 18, 2008.

1. hoMEMom

hoMEMom Private E-2

I'm lost in the computer wilderness!!! Researching on my own, I'm overwhelmed with all the things it could be that is causing my computer problems....I first noticed that I lost all my usb ports and SD?MMC/SM?MS?MS_PRO CF Microdrive etc back in May....trying to fix that I ordered PC Pitstop Optimize, installed and used that---it deleted tons of temp files...then followed the instructions for malware removal and not much was found--cookies etc. Now I have system running at 99-93 percent and can't do much....have found that perhaps adobe acrobat pro could be my problem --so uninstalled also uninstalled flash player and reinstalled the newest version of flash player for both IE and mozilla .... As you can tell I'm scattered and need to be systematic...Help me please!!

2. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin Private First Class

it might be a malware issue try using malwarebytes

or it could be due to low disk space try Diskeeper lite

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Exactly what item in Task Manager is using a high percentage of CPU resources?

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I agree hit "strl-alt-delete" goto processes tab and sort by CPU please note which apps are utilising the CPU% and then google those.

6. hoMEMom

hoMEMom Private E-2

it is "SYSTEM" using 93- 99 percent CPU!! trying to defrag now but has been 6 hrs and has only analyzed 8 percent!!!

7. hoMEMom

hoMEMom Private E-2

have done all the basic stuff but to no avail!! I think I'll have to copy my stuff I want to keep via cdrom as all my usb's are out and then crash and rebuild??? I've been battling this for 6 weeks!!

8. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds