A Bit Confused and Need Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by deegazzo, Sep 1, 2008.

1. deegazzo

deegazzo Private First Class

Ok I have a HP s3100n 32 bit os running Vista. I got this pc thru a rental center and need some help. When I go to my computer and look at basic info, there are a bunch of drives. One is HP (c) which from what I am seeing is where e'thing installed is at. One is my DVD RW drive and then there are the following also:Recovery (D) (which is full and in the red),4 removable discs, F,G,H,IWhen I go to these and see what is what, the H drive shows me the "low down on the pc" and the others are all empty. I am wondering, what if anything do I do. The Recovery (D) disc drive keeps (every so often) telling me I need to update it. Which so far has meant put it to a disc. Is this normal? I need help. When I got the pc, I got no discs with it for any drivers or the OS so I am assuming that is why I keep having to put whatever to disc from the Recovery drive. Is there any advice or help you could send my way?Thanks, Deep.s this is Dee helping my sis-in-law with her pc. if any screenshots are needed please just let me know. also any further info point me in the right direction and i'll send that also.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

D should not be touched by you. This is the recovery partition that the rental place will use to restore the computer if anything happens to it. It is usually unwrittable; meaning, you can not and should not put anything in that partition.
    The 4 removable drives F, G, H and I are for a card reader. If no cards are in the drives, the drive appears empty. If you insert a card into one of the drives, you will be able to see what is on the card (usually a camera card).

It doesn't sound normal to me. What did the rental place tell you to do?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds