A+ Certification Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by souredspirit, Feb 16, 2009.

1. souredspirit

souredspirit Private First Class

Does anyone know of any good FREE guides for A+ certification, I'm pretty solid on all low maintainence knowledge but I still have a few things I want to make sure of before I try to take the test. Any links, files, documents will be VERY helpful. Also if anyone knows any good FREE practice tests that would be awesome too.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Back when I was researching A+ certs, I found many sites with free tests, but the test questions were usually grossly outdated and seemed focused on Windows 98 through Windows 2000. This was in 2004-2005. I gave up on the online study 'guides' as it seemed that none were truly free, and they all wanted to sell me a book or a CD or a voucher or something. I said "screw it" and took the Essentials and passed with 85%; I then took the Bench Tech test 2 months later and passed with a 90%. The tests are remarkably easy. The only things I was uncertain on were the printer maintenance/service/repair questions. I haven't spent too much time fixing or servicing printers, but common sense will take you far with the A+ tests. Keep that in mind.

:-D
    Good luck!

4. Lonestar72

Lonestar72 Private E-2

5. paradoxdream

paradoxdream Private First Class

Allot of people don't like to hear this but with MCSE/D/A+ ETC...
    If you can't afford the class or just don't want to take it I know A few people that learned to crack networks / software and learned more then they ever would have in a class.
    And if you plan to work in the industry Experience is worth double of traditional education

Crackers are learning at a much faster rate then traditional education
    some techniques are only valid for a few days /weeks and it would be close to impossible for a school with a specific curriculum to keep changing it that fast

6. SafariHat

SafariHat Private E-2

I still have my A+ Cert text bok, and CD Rom . It's quite useless by now as we covered Win 98, and Hardware from 2003, '04, ... in fact by the time I'd passed certification most of what I learnt was outdated. Hope the links posted previously help you out . I find being online in Forums such as majorgeeks I'm pretty well in touch with what is going on in real time.

7. Primo

Primo Private E-2

not to hijack the thread but what were the questions on the test mostly about? the class i took had a lot of older computer stuff (pentium 3, 4) and i'm curious as to how current the info i learned is. how long does the test usually take?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds