A couple of questions on Windows 6.20 GUI Client

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Aug 19, 2008.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'm running this on a XPP SP2,

#1) Using Gui client 5.03 I was able to see the progress by double clicking the taskbar icon, and now nothing shows up except for a low res molecule with a rht. click though hovering over the icon gives me a count of frames done/WU.

#2) Using FAHMon 2.3.2b or the 2.3.0, I couldn't find the proper folder/file to enter. I already have some frames done and hopefully saved somewhere. :confused

I have read all the FAQ's that I could get my hands on with no joy. Am I missing something simple?:banghead Any help is very welcome.:)

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hi Augie, found this in the forum, hope answers your question if I'm understanding you correctly. http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=4770

"The current viewer is buggy and doesn't work properly for most people. Only the GPU client itself is actually out of beta stage, not the cores or viewer"

Re: Work, should be in the dir. under "Work" folder, search for: logfile**.txt file or for "unitinfo.txt" which is one folder up for me. Both will give you reports on status of unit. (if still there in 6.2)

3. augiedoggie

Finally found the file needed, it was in Documents and Settings\your directory\Application Data(hidden folder)\Folding@home-x86 Thanks for looking in the forums. Now why didn't I do that?:eek::confused

4. Cat_w_9_lives

I got curious and downloaded 6.2 to my laptop on Vista it's in

C:\Users\"me"\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-x86

But yes, viewer is buggy, does not crash anything though :)

5. augiedoggie

Yeah really, who needs the 'Dancing Molecules' anyways eh? :-D At least with FAHMon properly configured, I now see the folding progress on both cores, the GUI on Core 1 and the console version as a service on core 2. Version 6.20 is not any faster, as of yet, than was/is 5.03 using the same hardware. I would assume 6.20 has more and better support for newer hardware as my system is 3 years old.

BTW, for the techie type folk, running @ a nice and steady 67C with both cores @ %100 with an X2 3800+, with stock cooling, at an ambient 70F. I can't wait to get my PSU next week to get my Q6600 rig up and running to add to the mix!:drool It's just sitting there now, all dressed up and nothing to do.:cry
    [​IMG]

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

i downloaded 6.20 GPU client and got it running alongside folding@home-x86 so now i have 3 folding progs running, i hope to get us some more points.

Attached Files:

7. Cat_w_9_lives

I left the laptop running today w/6.2 and the desktop w/5.03 and seems to me like 5.03 on the old dell is folding faster...

You know me and hardware *eyes glaze over, blank stare* Great job Augie, maybe we do need a guide re new hardware... I might learn something :-D

*smiles*

Cat

8. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If we're going to write a guide can someone please, please, please put the port numbers for the client in there? I've been googling for half an hour and I still can't find them! I want to download more WUs! :cry

9. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Never mind, I found them! Ports 80 and 8080. Victory! :celebrate

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds