A few questions on cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Outlawstar15a2, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

So I have a few questions. I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 with stock GPU cooler that it comes already mounted with and a Coolmaster HAF-X chassis with default fans (1 x 140mm rear fan, 1 x 200mm top fan, 1 x 200mm side fan, 1 x 230mm front fan) and a Crosshair V Formula motherboard.

Now I was wondering what is a good GPU cooler to upgrade my GOU with to help keep it cool cause It is sub par at best having to keep it at 75% fan speed or higher to keep it's temp in a safe zone. Also what are the max temps for a Crosshair V Formula motherboard? Cause one of the mobo temps the T2 temp which I believe is the NB hovers around 52C idle and usually goes up one or two degrees when running games. And I'm wondering if that's too high.

2. JonnyBB878

JonnyBB878 Private E-2

How hot is your GPU getting in degrees, both idle and full load?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds