A fresh start...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sickie, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Sickie

Sickie Private E-2

Hello MGs,

After mounting problems with my PC,

*this http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=169147
    (i never resolved this)

... my sound randomly packing up whilst playing games, and a general slowness of my PC, i decided to wipe my drive, start again and hope things improve.

All I have loaded onto my Pc so far is Windows, Avast and Everest.

I have lost the disk with my drivers on, the motherboard is made by Winfast, but has 2 numbers on it.... K8s755M and K8s760MG, one directly above the other.

I searched on the Foxcon website (which i believe to be the same manufacturer as Winfast(?)) and it lists a set of drivers for each of these numbers? Please could you advise me which drivers i should download.

Also, I notice in the Everest report that my processer speed is 2200 MHZ, shouldnt this say 3200 MHZ as its an 3200 chip or have i misunderstood the concept of processer speed here?

Thanks

Dave

PS if u notice anything else on my computer thats buggered, any advice on this would also be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/EN-US/support/downloads.aspx
    This links to your driver page
    come down to select> choose mother board
    select again > 754
    select again > 755A01 or K8S755A
    then hit the search button and your drivers for your computer will appear. Read the instructions and disclaimer before you download

3. Sickie

Sickie Private E-2

Do you know which version of K8S755A i should use, EKRS, ELRS or LRS?

The files are the same for all except for the BIOS, should i just leave this out?

Also, i dont see instructions and disclaimer, is this on another page?

Thanks for your time and help

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

The page I brought up has all the driver each one of those model numbers in it including the ekrs,elrs,lrs and the disclaimer is under description in the second column

5. Sickie

Sickie Private E-2

I just downloaded the manuals, but the pictures in there dont match my motherboard?

My motherboard has only 2 RAM slots, where as these have 3? Is this still the right driver to use?

I noticed in my Everest report it said i have 3 RAM slots, but there is only 2 on my board as far as i can see.

Sorry if im being a pain-in-the-butt, but i just want to make sure im loading the right ones on.

6. Sickie

Sickie Private E-2

...also noticed that Everest says i have 5 pci slots and there are only 3 on my board???

7. Sickie

Sickie Private E-2

I just looked at some of the other boards listed and mine looks identical to the K8s760MG one, could Everest have misidentified my motherboard possibly?

Sorry for the multiple postings but i couldnt edit my post and i thought the info might be relevant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds