A gamer in need...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aurovilian, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Aurovilian

Aurovilian Private E-2

i live in a dormitory, and person in charge of the schools servers and such has issued the following statement: any person that is file sharing, limwire and such, and/or playing online games or participating in any activity that puts a heavy strain on the schools network will be disconnect from the internet.
    My question is this: does WoW put a heavy strain on the schools network, because when i checked my lan, youtube put more strain on than WoW.
    however i am not sure if lan and the network are the same thing.
    All responses are greatly appreciated.
    by the by my english is a little rusty so i am sorry for what might seem like strange wording.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Whatever we say would not matter, you should ask the person in charge of the schools servers. He is The Boss of You for these issues.

3. Aurovilian

Aurovilian Private E-2

my question is, does he have a valid point should he disconnect me from the net because according to him, any online game puts to much strain on the schools connection thus slowing it down to a trickle of molasses and making it unusable for everybody, or is he fibbing? i ask this because i have a friend(doen't we all?) who says that it doesn't slow down the net a bit. and i would like to get my facts straight instead eventually making a fool of myself.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds