A headset issue (SteelSeries Siberia V2)

Discussion in 'Software' started by CHiLLEN_AU, Feb 13, 2012.

1. CHiLLEN_AU

CHiLLEN_AU Private E-2

Hi,

I recently brought a headset, which are SteelSeries Siberia V2 (came with the SteelSeries USB Soundcard 7.1 ).

I'm having trouble with getting the Mic to work. The Mic works fine when I plug it into the tower but if I plug it into the USB soundcard it

won't work, also I can only get it to work on Skype.. it doesn't work on Team Speak for some reason.

I have screwed around with the sound settings to try and get it too work and unfortunately, I think I've messed up my play back settings, because

when I play Battlefield 3, I can't recognize where the footsteps, explosions, shooting and voices are coming from.

I own a crappy headset which I purchased from Hong Kong for $10 and I can at least recognize where sounds are coming from, so I'm guessing its

something I have done when trying to fix the settings.

I have posted some pictures of my sound settings, if you could let me know what to set them as, please do.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I don't own this headset, so can't do testing on my end, but it sounds like you might have some kind of driver issue with it. Do you have the latest driver, both for the soundcard and the headset?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds