A Little Trouble With Advanced Windows Care

Discussion in 'Software' started by redstar71, Sep 28, 2008.

1. redstar71

redstar71 Private E-2

hi,
    I keep receiving a notice asking me to go to oibit and update my windows care when I have already done so. When I exit the notice or click ok, it exits me out of windows care and I can't clean my computer.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using? (just for reference)

Is it the Free or Pro paid version your using?

What I would do is to download the lastest version of Adv Windows Care ( this is the free one so if paid grab that one ) and then uninstall the version you have now then re-install the new version.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

It MAY be Iobit's website that's been given some problems? I downloaded the free version this morning and found later that I had problems updating the software. With the free version it seems that one has to update manually. Now it seems to be OK again since I could download the updates.

4. redstar71

redstar71 Private E-2

hi! thankyou!
    Halo, I already have the windows care 3.0 and I think I'm on windows 98.
    I am using the free version (best free thing I've ever had) but I think I'll reinstall it like you suggested. Also in reference to Oma, I think you are right, because this has happened before and it is to do with the iobit download center. I think I'll uninstall the iobit automatic update thing,
    Thank you guys!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds