A password issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Red SKull, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Red SKull

Red SKull Private E-2

Today someone brought me there laptob computer operating windows xp. What they said is they went on vacation and before they left they changed the password. Now theycame back from vacation and do not remember there password. I offered to remove there hard drive recover all there files and reformat putting windows back on but it is not good enough they just want it the way it was any suggestions there a little mad at me for suggestion.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Laptop = OEM = Likely has a blank administrator password

If it is XP Pro, boot to the welcome screen, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL twice to access the classic login prompt. Here, trying logging in as administrator, with a blank password.

If it is XP Home, same steps apply, but needs to be done in Safe Mode.

If the machine is automatically logging into Windows, you may need to hold down the shift key while booting to access the login prompt.

If this doesn't work, we can escalate the matter a little, I'm sure. Let's try the easy things first, though.

3. Red SKull

Red SKull Private E-2

It worked in safe mode. And i am on as administrator.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Good news!
    So you've reset the password, and everyone is happy now?

5. Red SKull

Red SKull Private E-2

they will be when they get there computer but as mad as they are i think i might just put in a profain password to describe them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds