A PROBLEM W/ PANDA anti-virus7 platinum

Discussion in 'Software' started by B!GC!TYV!TO, Oct 16, 2003.

1. B!GC!TYV!TO

B!GC!TYV!TO Private E-2

Alright guys-I dled PANDA from 3 different sites,2 legitimate and the other from one of those ,um yanno,kind of sites.Well i scanned the files after it was done dl'ing on my pc w/ AVAST!antivirus pro which let me know that the version i had dl'ed had a kuang32 virus w/in the boot files.Well i tried to repair the files and a no go .then i went ahead and uninstalled all anti-virus programs which PAV states to do.after doing so i would dl various non affiliated type of files ,like art tools and things of that nature from respectable sites.Everytime i would reboot(once PAV was on my pc)would make the message come up saying that there was a hardware software problem installing one or more programs onto my pc,then i would be prompted to take whatever it was off my computer,then be taken directly to the safe mode window,Well after i would take off what i just dl'ed and even wipe them totally clean and reboot,i would slide by the first time with a straight up boot,then when i would connect to the net for like 10 minutes ,get offline ,then reboot my pc again to see if it was PAV,and sure enough !!there is that blue screen!!!!i ended up stayin up until 7am this morning booting my pc back to the factory state w/ all the reboot disks,then i installed PAV,then ZONE ALARM,then connected to the internet,and let it update itself and all,then i put 8 other programs on my pc,jetcast ,jetaudio,opera,avant browser,popup xp,getright,flashget,diskkeeper pro8.after like an hour,here comes that message!!!!blue gosh darnitt screen!!!i went and did the microsoft update dls(that took 2 1/2 hours)and then did it,well it would let my pc boot up ,b/ straight to the safemode screen.Well i decided to take PAV off my pc after being up straight for 19 hours messing with it!! to get it to work right!!I even did the technical support for it and look at the response i got from the geniouses!!Hello,

Can you please reply with the version of our software you are using?
    This can be found by opening the Panda software and looking at the very
    top of the window. The top should say Panda Antivirus Platinum or
    Titanium. After this it should have the version number.
    It should look something like this (7.04.03)

Thank You,

Matt Dorsett
    Panda Software
    Tech Support

When replying please include any past e-mails.

-----Original Message-----
    From: bigcityvito@hotmail.com [mailto:bigcityvito@hotmail.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 7:59 AM
    To: platinum.techsupport.usa@pandasoftware.com
    Subject: Technical support PANDA ANTIVIRUS PLATINUM (7.05.04)

User name (Usuario):
    Enquiry (Consulta):
    ----------------------------------------------------
    i have a few inquiries about panda,first of all i cant dl a spam blocker
    w/ panda on my pc at all!!!i get a blue screen telling me to take what
    ever it is i just put on ,off b/c it might corrupt my pc.does panda not
    work along side pop up blockers??let me know !!!!!!!!!!!. THIS IS HOW THEY RESPONDED!i sent the technical support the whole name of the product in the email letterhead.if anyone here amongst us knows what i can do to get PAV to work ,please let me know,and let me know which other anti-virus program that i can use along side it,If there is a better AV program out there let me know and let me know which other one i can run along side it!!thank you for your help!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  2. B!GC!TYV!TO

B!GC!TYV!TO Private E-2

it was not from a warez site,matter of fact it was from this site,zdnet downloads,and cdnet downloads.and all 3 were the same
    i am a member of many different forums and from the statistics that i have seen ,it is a pretty good scanner,that is why i have been trying to dl it.thank you for your input,i am currently using anti vir for windows,which i am liking so far.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2003
  4. B!GC!TYV!TO

B!GC!TYV!TO Private E-2

FIXED THE GLITCH!!

Well i am happy to say i fixed the glitch!man i sat and thought long and hard,it was my microsoft plus! not an authentic version!!i tried every last program w/ booting my system(seeing as it is i dont keep alot of stuff on my pc)I know about PAV's remarkable performance,that is why i have went thru the hassle with this product!!lol!!thanks anyways for your help guys!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds