a software that enables u to run 2 windows at once?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xestes, May 16, 2010.

1. Xestes

Xestes Private E-2

i been to my friend's home, i was very curious when i saw his pc got 2 desktop running side by side, as he was showing me, setting up a Molicafe server and a client on the same pc, which is weird, anyone know of such software?

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

3. Xestes

Xestes Private E-2

owh, thanks alot, will dl and try it now ^^ i am using dualcore with 1gb ram only though ^^

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

You might be able to do it, always worth a try!

5. Xestes

Xestes Private E-2

kinda weird, bcost my friend pc using only p3 - - but still smooth

6. General T

General T Private E-2

you can use virtual box, the software simply defrage or split your hard drive and you can use that space for a new os.

7. Xestes

Xestes Private E-2

hmmm, seem kind of different from the one my friend using

8. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

There are several VM (Virtual Machine) programs..
    As mentioned Vbox (Free Open Source from Sun)
    Virtual PC from Microsoft (Free)
    VMWare Workstation (Payware)
    VMWare Server (Free?)
    VMWare Player (Free) used to run "virtual appliances" - pre configured systems.
    But you can make your own http://www.easyvmx.com/

9. Xestes

Xestes Private E-2

hmm, thanks alot guys, will test it out as soon as dled

10. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

True, but the one i posted is the best in practice.

11. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I never said one was any better than the other, but VMware Workstation is better than the player. VM player prior to version 3 was a crippled version on VMWare for a specific use.
    He just said it didnt look like his buddy's screen, so I listed the alternatives for him to look at.

12. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Sorry mate, didnt mean to sound agressive or whatever, just making sure the OP wasnt confused by the many versions you posted ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds